Sunday, January 25, 2009

But that's so... American

Want to know every Parisien's dirty little secret? Well, I'm sure they have many that I have yet to find, but one of them is DEFINITELY Picard. Imagine an entirely white store filled only with Jetson worthy freezers and gourmet frozen foods in neat packages. At first glance it looks like a Pinkberry with large washing machines. That's Picard for you. They have anything you could possibly want meal-wise. The desserts are mouth-watering too.

Isn't it a bit ironic that a people that are willing to go to a boulangerie, butcherie, épicerie and fromagerie everytime they want to make a single meal also frequent possibly the most convenient and americanized food store imagineable? Everyday I see people with those clear snowflake plastic bags with Picard boxes in one hand holding a freshly baked baguette in the other. But whatever. The american in me was estatic to find a Picard just a couple blocks from my home. I bought 5 meals worth of food for ~ 7 euros. Fancy that.

flickr
myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment