Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Nostalgia Series part 1

I was recently reminded of Homestarrunner (phonetically that's "homestawunnow") during a conversation about what was cool in middle school. Basically Homestarrunner was that funny as shit but under the radar website whose existence you didn't really acknowledge except amongst those who were awesome enough to know all the parts to Strong Bad's techno paradigm. I even wrote Strong Bad a couple e-mails. I suppose my feigned stupidity that he loves to mock was too contrived.

I have yet to encounter the same level of genius as is found in the Teen Girl Squad sketches. Mostly terribly morbid, partly witty reference and mostly rad. I remember boys in particular had a hard time admitting they liked homestarrunner - it was mostly the semi-androgynous Daria types like myself that often acted like dudes to combat the onset of boobs and underarm hair.

Let's have a boy/girl party!

No comments:

Post a Comment