Sunday, August 2, 2009

MOCA

Played a show at MOCA at its new location the other day with the lovely Cynthia Lin. Let's just say it was an older crowd with the exception of my Harvard friends. People were seated as if I were about to give them a lecture, but it was a nice opportunity to try out my new songs.

I made the unfortunate mistake of going to the Proenza Schouler sample sale earlier that day, and after figuring out a particularly complicated dress with the help of the salesgirl, I was flattered into buying it. I wrote it off as a 21st birthday present to myself, but I really do need to stop being so unrealistic with apparel.

1) I can't stop buying white and sure enough, this impeccible dress was black and white
2) I can't buy casual things and forget that most of the time I am a bleary-eyed Columbia student and not gallerina that can flit about in fabulous heels and dresses like an editorial spread all the time.

I went to topshop for the first time too. I think it's overpriced for the quality, but I have to admit I would like every single thing in the sequin category I saw...

No comments:

Post a Comment